We are located in beautiful Oregon!
"We are good people doing good things." —Cash4Books employee
Green businesses minimize waste, prevent pollution, and conserve energy, water, and other resources. By shopping at a green business, you can help prevent waste and protect our environment.
Did you know?
The US book industry uses virgin paper fiber for books, at a cost of approximately 20 million trees a year.
- By buying and selling used books, McKenzie Books decreases the demand for paper.
- By reducing the number of trees cut for books, you also help reduce global warming: there are more trees to absorb carbon dioxide and there is less fuel being burned for cutting, transporting, and processing trees into paper.
McKenzie Books sells mainly used books
- Books we cannot sell (pages missing, water damage, etc.) are recycled.
- Books we cannot sell ("not for sale" copies, international editions, and workbooks with a slight amount of writing) are donated to be reused.
- In-store customers are offered recyclable paper shopping bags.
Our Shipping Department
- Uses 'bogus paper' consisting of 100% recycled paper which is wadded and used for multipurpose void fill and provides extra protection in the box for books.
- Clean bubble wrap from our receiving department is reused.
- Recycles envelopes, boxes, cardboard, and other materials as necessary.
Cash4Books.net by McKenzie Books buys used books
- You can recycle clean, used books here and get cash!
- Receive fast payment through PayPal and reduce paper needed for checks and envelopes.
Our Receiving Department
- Our suppliers are encouraged to reuse items such as grocery bags as packaging materials, which can then be recycled.
- Cardboard boxes are compacted, baled, and recycled.
- Clean bubble wrap is reused in our shipping department.
Office and Warehouse
- We use 35% premium envirocopy recycled copy paper (with 35% post-consumer content).
- Compared to standard copy paper, this paper:
- requires 35% fewer trees to produce
- is 15% more energy efficient
- results in 13% fewer greenhouse gas emissions
- produces 32% fewer hazardous air pollutants
- generates 17% less solid waste and water pollution
- Office and break room lights are turned off when not in use.
- Biodegradable cutlery is used in the break room. It is made from annually renewable GMO free starch material � potatoes!
- All areas of the warehouse, office, and break room have recycling containers.
- Warehouse areas and roll-up doors are insulated to save heat.
- Employees receive reimbursement for using public transport.
Questions, comments, or suggestions?
- Please contact us.