Used Book Condition Policy
View our Condition Guidelines PDF for photo examples of our condition policy
Last updated February 4, 2013
Cash4Books.net and McKenzie Books, Inc. (collectively "C4B") will honor the quoted price for books received within 30 days that meet our condition standards.
Types of items C4B will NOT accept and may discard* include:
- Teacher's or Instructor's editions.
- International and SI "System International" edition textbooks (standard U.S. editions only).
- Custom edition textbooks (textbooks printed for a specific school or university).
- Solutions manuals.
- Advance reading copies, uncorrected proofs, and/or promotional or "screener" copies of books.
- Any textbook that is not the standard student edition.
- Books that state "review copy", "free copy", "sample copy", "examination/exam copy", "complimentary/comp copy", "not for resale" (or "not for sale") anywhere on the cover or inside.
- Ex-library books that are not marked as withdrawn.
- One-time use subscription/registration-based software/online course materials.
- Partial sets or incomplete sets (i.e. only volume 1 of a 2 volume set).
- Items with no ISBN printed anywhere on or inside the item.
- Software, DVDs, calendars, card decks, puzzles, games, and other non-book items—even if they have an ISBN.
- Books that do not comply with U.S. copyright laws or do not have a copyright page.
- Pornography or otherwise offensive and explicit material.
- Extra books or items that are not indicated on your C4B order at time of checkout.
Books will NOT be accepted* with any of the following conditions:
- Workbooks, lab manuals, and study guides with any writing in them. Textbooks with practice tests that have been filled out.
- Missing or loose pages.
- Major wear to the binding.
- Tears to the cover or pages.
- Water, moisture damage, mold, or stains.
- Fire or smoke damage.
- Strong odor of any kind (including cigarette odor).
- Exceeds C4B's maximum quantity of each ISBN (see below under Maximum Quantities).
- Highlighting, underlining, or writing that appears on more than 50% of the book or if any of the text is obscured or difficult to read.
If a textbook originally came with a CD or DVD, the original CD/DVD must accompany the book when shipped to us. Any and all CD/DVDs must be in working condition, uninstalled, and unregistered from all computers.
C4B reserves the right in its sole discretion to determine the condition of a book or other item upon receipt in C4B's warehouse, regardless of any price quoted to you by C4B, and to take price deductions or discard* accordingly.
Maximum Quantities: C4B, in its sole discretion imposes a maximum quantity per ISBN, per account, and/or per IP address. Your seller cart will indicate how many of each book C4B will purchase, indicated by "MAX=" for each book in your cart. After entering ISBNs, you can change quantities by clicking on "View your seller cart." If you are a reseller and/or have large numbers of books above C4B's allowable maximum, please send us an email and C4B's Inventory Management team will correspond with you. Additional copies of books sent to C4B over and above the allowed maximum quantity will NOT be accepted.*
*Items not accepted by C4B will only be shipped back to the Seller at the Seller's expense. Items not accepted will be held for 30 days; after that time, these items will be recycled, donated, or used to support the community and environment at C4B's discretion. C4B will post a notice of any deductions for items not accepted on the seller's account within 2 business days after receipt. If the Seller would like their unaccepted items returned, the Seller must contact C4B promptly, through email or phone, to provide payment for return shipping costs.
We appreciate you taking the time to read our Used Book Condition Policy. Thank you.