Last week I spoke with a customer who was raising money for her daughter’s high school grad night. She came up with a brilliant idea to collect books from students, parents, and teachers. She would sell the books collected to Cash4Books and deposit the proceeds into a PayPal account she had created for the school.
This got our brains at Cash4Books thinking: what an amazingly green and creative way to get rid of unwanted books and raise money for a great cause! She inspired us to share with you how Cash4Books can help fundraising groups raise money.
However, before you start emailing, texting, tweeting, and changing your facebook status – here are a few things to consider before collecting boxes of books!
Cash4Books may not buy all books. What we buy can change day-to-day depending on resale values, our current inventory, and market demand.
What kind of books is Cash4Books more likely to buy?
- Published no more than about three years ago
|Our Top 5 categories:
- Health, Mind & Body
- Business & Investing
- Literature & Fiction
- Children’s Books
To get started with your fundraising, there are five easy steps.
- Set up your group’s PayPal* account. The coordinator of the group shares the PayPal account (email) name with group members. When each group member registers an account on Cash4Books, they choose PayPal as their payment preference and then they enter the group’s PayPal email at the bottom of the Cash4Books registration form. Each group member must register with their own Cash4Books account, but the PayPal email is what is common across all group members.
- Second, each group member types in ISBNs, of their books to donate, into the box on the Cash4Books.net homepage. They do this from their own home computer, at their own convenience. They will get a price quote for each book we are buying.
- Third, each group member chooses their own FREE shipping method. Cash4Books will provide everyone with prepaid shipping labels, so there is no cost to the group or group members! If any of your group members to not have a printer at home, we have a solution for that too–they simply contact us and request free shipping labels be mailed to them.
- Fourth, group members pack and ship their books to us. The group coordinator may optionally help facilitate this process by providing boxes. Read our FAQ for suggestions on where to find boxes.
- Five, Cash4Books receives and inspects the books, and then deposits payment into your group’s PayPal account within three business days.
For questions, special requests or considerations please contact us.
This method of having group members enter their ISBNs from their own home computer is generally preferable to the alternative method (not described here) of having a book drive and a single point drop-off location. This is because book drives tend to get older books that are in low demand, which decreases the chance that Cash4Books will buy them. For more information, read our blog article “Why didn’t Cash4Books want to buy my book?“.
* As an alternative to PayPal, Cash4Books can also issue a check to your group by sharing the name and address field across group members in the registration process.