McKenzie Books is hiring for a Customer Care Team Representative:
We are looking for a full-time Customer Care Team (CCT) Representative to ensure our customers receive the highest level of service.
Looking for a call center job? Sorry, we don’t have any of them here! McKenzie Books/Cash4Books believes in providing personalized, friendly, and dedicated customer service. In fact, customer service is a philosophy that is at the core of everything we do!
McKenzie Books, Inc. is a small, dynamic ecommerce business in Hillsboro, Oregon, specializing in the buying and selling of books and electronics. We are a close group of overachievers that take our work and play very seriously. We also do business under Cash4Books.net.
The ideal candidate will also exemplify our Core Values:
- Commit to Service Excellence – strive to be the best!
- Improve Continuously – embrace change and drive innovation.
- Support the Team – support the goals of the entire organization.
- Be Considerate of Others – kind, friendly, and considerate.
If this sounds like the perfect fit for you, we’d love to receive your resume & cover letter! We’re a pretty awesome group of people (if we do say so ourselves) who are very passionate about our jobs and company. You can read more about us here: http://www.cash4books.net/about.php
How To Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- Status: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Hours: 8am-5pm*, Monday to Friday
- Wage: $13.53/hour
*This position does require some flexibility (i.e. working more hours when we are busy and going home early during the off season).
The right person for this position will possess:
- A positive attitude and a deep love of the “service” aspect of customer service.
- The ability to thrive in a small team where you are expected to support just as much as you are supported.
- The ability to go with the flow – you quickly and easily adapt to new situations
- A desire to plant your roots in a great, forward-thinking company that treats its employees with a high level of respect.
- A superhero level of empathy and psychic powers – anticipate the needs of customers and have solutions ready!
- A deep love of customers and all types of customer interactions – you understand that an upset customer just means you get the opportunity to win them over with your rockin’ skills.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to coordinate with and support other departments.
- A love of problem-solving and multitasking.
There is never a dull moment in this role! You will be responsible for assisting customers via phone, email, and face to face, conducting research, processing returns, clerical duties, and being the friendly and knowledgeable ambassador of the company.
Full-Time Employee Benefits Include:
- Medical/Dental Insurance
- 25% Child Care Subsidy
- 100% Trimet Reimbursement
- 12 Paid Time Off days per year
- 6 Paid Holidays per year
- 40% Employee purchase discount
- High comfort level with phone and email communication.
- Courteous, diplomatic and respectful customer service demeanor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and etiquette.
- Logical, clear, credible and influential communication style that demonstrates confidence.
- Communicate professionally, quickly, and accurately via email using our customer service software.
- Proficient with MS Word, and Excel.
- Google docs and Gmail experience a plus!
- Able to make independent decisions, collaborate well with a team, and support internal customers.
- Able to accomplish multiple tasks in a fast-paced public-interfacing business environment.
- Organization and prioritization.
- Careful proofreading skills.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Learn in-house software programs.
- Communicate and cooperate with team members.
- Use sound judgment to update the status of accounts and orders.
- Ability to ask questions.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Some college, higher education or trade training required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 year+ experience in giving exceptional customer service is required.